Call for Poster Presentations
Abstracts dealing with the following topics can be submitted:
- Biobased chemicals and biodegradable materials
- Biocatalysis & novel fermentation processes
- Catalysis and kinetics for renewables
- Downstream processing
- Marine applications
- Pretreatment and transformation of lignocellulosics
- Sustainability and circular economy
- Thermochemical transformation of biomass
- Valorisation of biomass waste streams
Prizes offered by FEMS and Wiley
During the Conference Dinner on Thursday 1 June, the Poster Jury will select the 3 Best Posters. The 3 winners will receive a book offered by Wiley. In addition, the winner of the 1st prize will also receive the RRB Poster Award.
Additionally, the FEMS Best Poster Award for the best poster in the field of microbiology will also be presented during the Conference Dinner.
This year, there will also be awards for the 3 Best PhD Communications: the winners of these Awards will be announced during the Closing Session on Friday 2 June and will each receiving an RSC Book voucher of one of their journals: Green Chemistry, Reaction Chemistry & Engineering and one of their newest launches, RSC Sustainability.
Instructions for authors
- Abstracts must be written in English not exceeding 400 words and must be submitted via the online submission platform as a Word file (.doc or .docx)
- Use font Arial, 10 characters per inch (font size 10)
- Type title in sentence case in bold without a full stop at the end
- Type authors in bold. The presenting author must be underlined, type first name followed by family name, the names of the co-authors must start with the initials followed by the family names (Pieter Paul Rubens, J. Van Eyck, P. Brueghel, etc...)
- Type affiliation(s) in bold underneath the authors: University/Institute, Dept., City, Country (do not mention street addresses, PO boxes or zip codes). When there are multiple affiliations number them as follows and use the semi-colon between the multiple affiliations:
1Dept. A, University A, City, Country; 2Dept. B, Institution B, City, Country; 3Dept. C, University C, City, Country
- Add the email address of the presenting author in bold in italics
- Use single spacing and type the text unjustified without hyphenating words at line breaks. Use hard returns only to end headings and paragraphs, not to rearrange lines.
Abstracts must be submitted as a Word file via the online submission form (see button below).
• Click on the link below to start
• Fill out your personal data and go through the submission procedure
• When uploading your abstract(s) you can either:
→ ‘Save and Continue Later’: in this case you can revise your abstract at a later stage (access with your login details)
→ ‘Save and Submit’: in this case your abstract submission is final and your abstract can no longer be revised
You can submit several abstracts at the same time, but you can also upload several abstracts at a different point in time.Your abstract(s) is/are only uploaded successfully when you receive an automatic reply confirming your submission(s).
Important: the uploaded Word file(s) must contain: Title, authors & affiliations and the actual abstract.
The deadline for submitting abstracts for POSTER presentation is 28 Febr 2024.
When submitting an abstract for oral or poster presentation, submitting authors should bear in mind that:
• presenters are NOT exempted from paying the registration fee
• a notification email will be sent by 15 April for abstracts submitted for POSTER presentation
• the presenting author must register by the deadline mentioned in the notification letter in order to confirm an oral or poster presentation
• the abstracts of the oral and poster presentations will only be published in the Programme & Abstract Book, when the presenting author is registered